Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My authentic Voice

When I speak from my authentic voice, I never know
exactly what I am going to say or how I will say it or where it will lead me. It is a magic carpet ride, it is a hero's journey to the center, it is an adventure on the yellow
brick road. Sometimes my authentic voice is strong and speaks the harsh truth and sometimes it is filled with tender compassion. My authentic voice is clearest when I walk the tightrope between worlds, between worlds of light and dark, confusion and purpose, wanting and awareness that all is fine. To dance between the living and the dead, this side of the border where I understand the language and that side where language is foreign, and gestures, smiles, tears, and laughter weave us together, between grief and joy, between this life and the one I am creating.

No comments: